Things My Mother Taught Me
Connie Goldin, ©2011, Mom to Madre
• Find someone you’re crazy about and marry him.
• Don’t be a “bean counter.”
• Make kids the center of your family.
• Use your china and silver everyday.
• If a silver serving spoon is lost, look in the garden.
• You are entitled to serve creamed tuna on toast on Sunday night even if the kids hate it.
• Travel as a family.
• Work hard.
• It’s okay to stay up all night reading a great book.
• A good laugh is medicinal.
• Celebrate big and small events in a BIG way.
• Dishes can be done over the week following a party.
• If you need something to be done, do it yourself.
• If a stray cat or dog appears on your doorstep, take it in.
• Sweets are good for you.
• Give of yourself freely.
• The best donations are made anonymously.
• Dance barefoot in the house.
• Wear a perfume that everyone recognizes as “yours.”
• You can never have too many flowers in your house.